We started south once we said our goodbyes to Mom and Dad. We had a nice night anchored by an island with wild ponies and it was unusual sitting out in the cockpit at night and hearing them whinny so close by on shore. Here's a picture of them the next morning. We were anchored near a friendly young couple, Michelle and Brian, who are both working full time on their boat while they cruise up and down the east coast…maybe we want to be them when we grow up!We arrived in Charleston on Wednesday night and have stayed the whole weekend. The forecast was just horrible for the whole time we’ve been here, but it turns out the SC forecasters aren’t any more accurate than any other in the US, and we’ve had a lot of nice weather and sunshine along with the rain showers. It has certainly been warm as well, with Saturday being in the 70s. We went over to Nancy’s for a wonderful dinner on Friday night and ended up staying the night. We are always happy to take advantage of her hospitality as well as her washer and shower.
We are heading out of here with the favorable winds we’ve been waiting for on Tuesday morning. We should arrive at Cumberland Island in Georgia by late Wednesday afternoon and we’ll be spending a week visiting the Georgia/Florida border communities of Cumberland Island, St. Mary’s, and Fernandina Beach, Florida. I’m sure we won’t have an internet connection while we visit Cumberland, but hopefully we’ll pick up something in St. Mary’s when we get there on Friday or Saturday. We hope everyone is having a wonderful January!
Huh...cool adventures. Glad all is well with you two. I just booked my trip back home to see the family. Heading to Berlin via Zuerich on January 27th until February 12th. While I am there I take a three day journey and fly to Dublin / Ireland. I have never been there only to England more times than I can count, so it should be fun. I will have a few Guinness beers for you and some yummy kidney pie for sure. I will take my laptop with me, so I hope I can get a wireless signal somewhere and we can talk on Skype again. Love...
ReplyDeleteWe missed you two at dinner last night. Emily, Lisa, Wayne, Nicol, Kay and my friend from work, Ashwini had a great time at Elizabeth's on Battleground. I hope you have a great Birthday. Can't wait until we celebrate them together again in 2009.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy!
Oh and by the way, it is absolutely freezing up here. - C