Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Vero Beach Fun with Lori and Chuck

We motored on down the ICW for a few hours to an anchorage near Melbourne called Dragon Point (N28 08.599 W80 36.157) and had a pleasant evening there. We left on Monday morning and continued our trip on south to Vero Beach. It was a long day motoring into strong headwinds or sailing close hauled. Reinhart is just busting at the seams to try out the new spinnaker, but I think it will still be a few days before that chance arises. We arrived in Vero Beach at 5pm and we were surprised to see 2 or 3 boats rafted on each mooring. We’ve never seen more than one boat to a mooring; I can’t imagine how crowded it must be during the rush in December and May. Since anchoring is not allowed, we rafted to a boat named Strider (N27 39.663 W80 22.347) and it turns out the owner was an assistant harbormaster in Annapolis while we were there this summer. It turns out that just because you are sharing a mooring, doesn’t mean you get to share the cost, so all of these boats here are paying $12 a night for the privilege of being in Vero. We spent Monday evening just hanging out in the harbor with plans to hit the town and see what all of the fuss is about on Tuesday.

Tuesday morning, Lori and Chuck met us over at the marina and we checked out Vero. We went to the UDT-Seal Museum in Fort Pierce and looked at all of the cool submariner stuff, and chuck took some pictures. We ate a nice lunch at the Riverside CafĂ© on the ICW, and chuck took some more pictures. They drove us around to run some errands…getting the propane filled and stopping by Wal-Mart. Now we are in their hotel room using the wireless, and Chuck is taking more pictures. I don’t know what we are doing tonight, but I’m pretty sure Chuck will capture it on film.



1 comment:

  1. Chuck must be bored, since he takes so many pictures:) Glad you all had a great time. I am heading out on Saturday for Europe and will try to catch up with you two before I leave. Sausages, great bread and beer.....here I come!

    ReplyDelete