My work is done and I’ve said my goodbyes. I’ll have to take back what I said about being enthusiastic about work (yes, Parks, I’m talking to you)…by Wednesday afternoon I was back to my old self, easily-distracted and surly. Of course, I’m not complaining, because I’m taking the rest of the year, and the next, off. It was so much fun seeing everyone here at work again, and it’s a little weird to think that I won’t be back for at least another year.
I’ve enjoyed spending time alone with Mom and Dad. Mom and I wore our jaws out talking every night and I got to go through all of the pictures Dad has collected over the years. Since we’ve always lived so close by, I haven’t spent the night at Mom and Dad’s house for 15 years; spending two weeks with them was a really neat opportunity. I’m over at Lori and Chuck’s now to return the car and wear my jaws out some more. On Sunday, I’ll be heading out to Austria to finally join Reinhart and visit with his folks. Oops, I better hurry up and practice my German.
Reinhart and I will get back in town on December 18 and I’m sure we’ll be updating you soon afterwards on what went on in Austria. I don’t know if you can tell, but we’ve moved the blog to a beta version of blogger. Theoretically, we should have some new options, so the blog may start to take on a different look. It would be great if we had more success in publishing pictures; we’d love to show you more of what we are seeing!
Saturday, December 9, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment