Well, dull no more; because we are moving to Colorado. Reinhart will be working full time in CO, but he will deploy to Antarctica during our winter months (austral summer). He’ll spend a few days packing our stuff in a POD, and then it’s off to Denver. Reinhart will get out there first, starting on July 28, and I’ll be back and forth a bit, but move out permanently in August. I have applied for a few positions in Antarctica for the austral summer as well, so keep your fingers crossed; I would really be disappointed to miss out on this opportunity.
We’ve reluctantly put Maia up for sale. It seems silly to have her sitting in the water waiting for us when we don’t know if we’ll have any time to go sailing over the next couple of years. She’s listed with Beaufort Yacht Sales. We’ll be thrilled if she sells, but just as thrilled if she doesn’t; after all, we never know when the opportunity to go on an extended sail might pop up again.
That’s all we know right now, but I am going to set my mind to keeping this blog up to date with our new adventures once we are out in Denver together, and I sincerely hope we’ll be able to update it from our station in Antarctica! Here are a few pictures, we plan to add our 2008 pictures over the next few days to our my space page (you must be a member to view the photos) and our picasa photo page (viewable for everyone) at http://www.myspace.com/sailmaia and http://picasaweb.google.com/sailmaia
The Trinidad Lighthouse in Northern California
Reinhart in his element, a beach on the CA/OR border
Camping in DC
No comments:
Post a Comment