I apologize for not bothering to keep up the blog up during my fascinating time at Palmer Station. I was completely captivated and was so immersed in station life that I failed to communicate with the outside world.
Both Reinhart and I are currently working for the US Antarctic Program near Denver . The National Science Foundation is currently transitioning from the old contractor, Raytheon, to the new, Lockheed Martin. We hope to be employed under the new contract once the transition is complete on April 1; however, we are also keeping an eye on the market for a boat just in case we end up with a little time on our hands. In the meantime we’ll be skiing, snowshoeing, biking, and hiking as much of Colorado as we can.
Once again we’ll still keep Sail Maia alive just in case something motivates us to start blogging again. Feel free to check out our Google Photo Page (viewable to everyone), if you’d like to see any of our pictures from Antarctica or our current adventures.
No comments:
Post a Comment