Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Greetings from sunny Colorado!

We are still trying to soak in as much of our area before Reinhart has to head to The Ice for 3 months. The temps during the day are still up in the 70s and 80s, so we’ve got great weather for seeing the sites of Colorado and doing a lot of hiking. We went downhill biking up in Granby with some of Reinhart’s work colleagues, meaning we took ski lifts up and biked down the mountain. We were riding in shorts comfortably at 9000 feet, but it snowed on the drive home as we passed over the mountain. Reinhart ate it up and didn’t eat it, so it was a great day for him. I am very uncomfortable with speed, so it was a little too scary for me; although, I can imagine becoming more comfortable with it once I get used to a mountain bike once again. I really enjoy the paved trail riding which is available in our area; I can get to any number of shopping centers without ever turning onto a street. Actually, I am thoroughly enjoying my life of leisure and haven’t been looking for jobs too earnestly. I am hoping to find something which starts early next year so I can make a very long trip to North Carolina over the holidays.

For some reason we can’t remember to bring the camera on our fantastic outings, so you’ll just have to put up with pics of our new digs:

living room/kitchen/dining:






your room:

our room:

1 comment:

  1. Mindy, thanks for displaying my 40th birthday present to you in your kitchen - smile.
    BTW, please go and meet Reinhart in New Zealand, there is no other more beautiful place to visit than that. The U.S. or Europe don't even come close to that. The most important thing besides its beauty is that the New Zealander's are some of the most genuine and honest people you will ever meet, not like the right wing Republicans we got over here - LOL.
    Palin said she has foreign policy experience because she can see Russia from her house. Well, I flew once on an airplane, am I a Pilot now?
    Cheers - Andreas

    ReplyDelete